Friday, November 19, 2010


It's about 10:30pm on Friday night. I am sitting hear listening to the rain. Last night was a beautiful sunset...It seriously looked like the sky was on fire...no matter how many sunsets I see...they are all spectacular. Now I would've preferred to have been at the refuge during a sunset like that...have some water in the foreground...and some ducks maybe...but...it was a nice thing to see after a long day at work!

Tonight after work it was, very dark and cloudy, then the rain started right about the time I headed home. Been raining ever since. I'm sure there is a lot of snow falling in the mountains.
There is something so peaceful about listing to the rain. Makes me think of that song.

"Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain
telling me just what a fool I've been.
I wish that it would go and let me cry in vain
and let me be alone again. "

I love it when it rains. More rain means more water in the ponds and that means more ducks! More photo ops!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janice. Yes, a lot of snow is falling in the mountains. Trust me.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I compliment you on a fantastic picture of your red sunset. That is awesome. For what it is worth, lots of snow in Eastern Idaho today!

    ReplyDelete